Mr Charles Rhodes
Mr Neil Battison
Mr Stephen Straw
Mr Norman Riley
To announce that a ballot for election of council members for 2017/18 was not necessary and therefore . . .
COUNCILLORS TO SERVE FOR 3 YEARS
Mr Wyn Griffith
Mr Glen Robinson
Mr Duncan Kilbride
COUNCILLORS TO SERVE FOR 2 YEARS
Dr Alan Auld
Mr R Leeming
Mr P Lowery
COUNCILLORS TO SERVE FOR 1 YEAR
Mr Peter Hetherington
Mr Peter Scott
Mrs Elizabeth Klinkenberg
Our Aims and Objectives
- To promote the science and practice of engineering in mining and its associated disciplines by fostering understanding, experience, interest and research.
- To promote membership of IOM3 with its appropriate professional qualifications through active membership to MIMinE. To encourage and monitor the development of quality skills in engineers in mining through the provision of support and training for members, particularly younger members and to achieve and maintain professional qualification status.
- To provide a forum for discussions on problems and techniques of engineering in mining.
- To arrange for publication of papers and collect and disseminate information related to engineering in mining and its associated disciplines.
- To promote the continuous use of safe working practices within the mining and minerals engineering environment.
- To enhance the members appreciation and understanding of important new methods and technologies.